Pancakes are now my go to Sunday breakfast and here are my 3 go to recipes!
For a while now each Sunday morning has called for pancakes, especially fluffy pancakes with fruit and honey! Every now and again I make healthier oat and banana pancakes which are equally as tasty and sometimes buckwheat pancakes if I can find the flour.
So that being said I decided to collate my top 3 recipes for pancakes as they’re my go to weekend breakfast when I’m at home as they fill you up ready for the day and can be served with so many toppings, my personal favourites are fruits like strawberries and honey or maple syrup! I can’t lie that sometimes I do love Nutella and Banana ( but thats for a treat day!)
(All of these recipes make around 4 pancakes)
Classic Fluffy Pancakes
- 60g Plain Flour
- 60g Self Raising Flour
- 1 egg / separate the Yolk and the White into two bowls.
- A splash of Milk of your choice (I use Vanilla Almond Milk or Semi-Skimmed Milk) around 20ml
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract (I sometimes add more because I love them with extra vanilla!)
- Half Teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- Spray Olive Oil ( to grease the pan!)
- Sift both of the flours into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the egg yolk and beat together.
- Add in the splash of milk and mix further until it forms a paste.
- In a separate bowl whip the egg white until it becomes foamy.
- Fold the egg white into the mixture until all mixed together.
- Spoon mixture into frying pan and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and add your toppings!
- Bon Appetit!
5 ingredient oat banana pancakes:
- Handful of Oats
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg (Almond Milk/Nut Mylk can replace the egg to make it vegan!)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Mash your banana in a medium mixing bowl until soft and mushy. (The Darker/Spottier the banana the sweeter!)
- Add your egg into the banana mixture and whisk further.
- Add in the handful of oats into the banana and egg mixture and whisk again.
- Stir in your Cinnamon and Vanilla Extract into the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the frying pan and cook until lightly brown for 2-3 minutes. (I love to make mini pancakes!)
- Add your optional toppings and enjoy!
- 3 Large Tablespoons of Buckwheat Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Gluten Free Flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 30ml of Nut Milk/ Milk of your choice.
- 1 egg (Remove if Vegan- can substitute with half a banana!)
- Spray Olive Oil for greasing pan.
- Sift both of the flours and salt into one large mixing bowl.
- In a small separate bowl mix the egg, vanilla extract and milk until combined.
- Add all of the wet ingredients into the dry flour mix and mix until combined thoroughly.
- Spoon the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown and flip after 30seconds!
- Remove from the pan and add your toppings.
- Bon Appetit!