Here’s my recipe for the tastiest banana bread using Coconut Sugar!
To be honest I had never taken the opportunity to make the stereotypical lockdown activity of Banana Bread until now…
Every time I have attempted to bake banana bread I always aimed to make it using a healthy recipe and quite frankly every time I attempted to make a ‘healthier’ Banana Bread recipe they always ended up coming out of the oven incredibly dense and rather ‘brick’ like haha.
However, I have since came up with a Banana bread recipe that has a much better outcome and is a lot more like a typical ‘cake texture’ banana bread and tastes amazing!
I used coconut sugar in this recipe and it creates an amazing caramelised Banana taste in the bread.
- 2 large Bananas
- 40 grams Low fat Butter (You can use normal butter if you wish, this can also be made vegan if you substitute butter for Coconut Oil!)
- 125g Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Optional- Leave it out for a deeper Banana flavour!)
- 130g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 65ml Milk (This recipe can be made vegan if you substitute normal milk for Nut Milk)
- Mash your two bananas up in a bowl until creamy.
- In one bowl cream together the mashed bananas, butter ( or coconut oil) ,coconut sugar, egg and vanilla (if you choose to use it).
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt until your mixture becomes like a cake mixture consistency.
- Fold in your choice of milk.
- Pour the mixture into your loaf tin and bake at Gas Mark 5 about 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Bon Appetit!